In 1927 the Brooklyn Line was discontinued by PEPCO (PRL&P's sucessor) and folded into the Bridge Transfer Line, extending its southern terminus east on Powell and then south to S.E. 21st and Bush.
In 1937 conversion of the line to trolley bus began, but rationing and shortages during the Second World War saw the return of the trolleys, including the chipping out of paved-over tracks in some areas in 1941.
Car No. 568 waitin for the thaw.
The line was converted to buses permanently in 1948.
A large section of narrow gauge tracks can still be seen today under the Grand Ave. Viaduct.