Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Lewis & Clark Centennial and American Pacific Exposition and Oriental Fair, Issue 0.

June 1, 1905 - October 15, 1905.

Image hosting by Platial
Photo from Oregon Historical Society collection.

After hemming and hawing quite a bit I've finally just started plopping locations from the 1905 Lewis & Clark Centennial Expo into a new map over on Platial. Hopefully some additional photos and text end up here at the Tinzeroes mothership, but we shall see.

The 1905 Expo is a big reason I liked Platial in the first place. Guilds Lake, where the Expo was held, is what we call today "Northwest Industrial Portland" and I still remember the first time I saw a photo of the Expo and exclaimed "where was that?" So, here we go...

2 comments:

Lost Oregon said...

Any chance that amazing mashup Platial map you made of Guilds Lake lives on? (I think the company went under - did they take all the maps with them?!)

d.d. tinzeroes said...

Company sold and there was an opportunity to export your maps to some other software. I did not export so the map is toast (sorry!).