The Perkins Hotel.
The Perkins Hotel, located at SW 5th & Washington
. Built 1891. 125 Rooms. Remodeled 1908. Demolished 1962. Not sure which corner this building was actually on, but think its the NE one since that building's construction date is approx. 1965. Other three corners are pre-1962.
Lewis & Flanders Building.
The Lewis & Flanders Building, formerly at SW Ash & Front
. Until the 1890s home of a farm & industrial equipment company, then a dry goods wholesaler. Demolished in 1940. The Fire Station currently on site was built in 1951.
The Worcester Building stood at SW 2nd Avenue
, between Oak & Pine Streets. Built in two sections in 1892, demolished 1941. The Police Dept. headquarters addition occupies/occupied part of the lot, the rest is parking.
Ladd & Tilton Bank
Ladd & Tilton Bank, at SW 1st and Stark
, was built in 1868. Demolished in 1954. Today, a parking lot.
The mansion at SW Park Place at Douglas
was built in 1894 by capitalist Julius Loewenberg, & later owned by the Leadbetters. Donated to Oregon Historical Society in 1951 and used as a museum 'til 1954. Demolished in 1960. Apartments today.
Labels: Portland History